Tuesday, April 12, 2011

End of Day 2

What has now been dubbed as "Day One" was a mess.

My sources haven't yet found much information on the zombie virus, but for what ever reason last night it did not take any visual effects.  Everyone infected was a carrier, and because of the lack "zombie appearance" no one was safe.

As of earlier today the official military zombie count was 22.  Tonight it has risen to 29.

Luckily we now have more Survivors joining us.  Earlier the count was 128 and now it is up to 136.

Here are some things I have so far learned about these zombies:

They cannot. I repeat CANNOT open doors.  They must have lost a lot of brain power during infection because it seems they do not have the mental capacity to be able to turn a door knob or pull or push a handle.  This means all buildings are, thankfully, safe.

It seems the infection gives the zombies a strange malformation.  The virus causes a bright orange ring to form around the zombies forehead.  This is your safest bet on identifying them.  Not all zombies are going to be decomposing, bloody, or dirty.  Do not assume this.  The faster you identify a zombie the better your chance at getting away.

I will give more information on zombie abilities and virus symptoms as I get or discover them.

In other news I was told today's mission to find a missing group of human survivors was unsuccessful. A group of Survivors made it to the supposed location where the group was staying, but found it deserted.  There efforts were not in vain however because a note was found indicating the group had moved to another spot.  We have high hopes that they are all still alive.  One person in the rescue group was infected, however.  Let us all take a moment to show respect for their bravery and selflessness.

There is another rescue mission scheduled again for tomorrow night.  If you are able to go and help, please do.

My Day:
I had a late start to the day and had to travel to the West Bank.  I decided to take the bus for safety purposes.  I saw no zombies on my way their, but my luck was soon to change.  On my way back I met up with a fellow Survivor, lucky because I had little to fend off zombies myself.  As it turned out, there was one on the outside of the bridge, just....waiting.  He spotted us as we came past, inside the bridge ourselves.  We moved fast, but he chased us to the end of the bridge, where luckily, he was shot.  After this incident I was able to make my way back to my dorm safely.  On a later excursion I sadly found that two members of a cast I am apart of had been infected.  I am not sure how the zombie brain works, but something was still making them come to rehearsal.  Also during rehearsal I was stalked by two other zombies.  They waited around an hour or so for me, but must have given up eventually.  I got a head start on my un-dead cast mates, and made it home safe, but I fear I will cross paths with them every night and escape will prove to be harder each time.

As for advice for you all: It seems like zombies like to cluster around places around large traffic.  If you must walk take extra caution when crossing the Washington St. bridge.  They like to hide around, but mostly on the outside walkways.  Also, Northrup Mall.  It is a large space, and easy to hide.  Keep your eyes open.

Travel with a friend, or find someone going with you.  Keep something on hand to deflect them.  So far it doesn't seem like anything can kill them.  But wounding them will keep them off you for a few minutes.  If you have no weapons, duck into a building and wait it out.

I'll be updating constantly all week, so please keep checking in.  If you have other advice or updates, share them.

Good luck Survivors.  STAY ALIVE.

Update: I have obtained a picture of the note from the rescue mission
If you can't tell, there seems to be two muddy footprints on the top and some bloody smudges on the bottom...

1 comment: